Fine Arts Division
Eastern Arizona College boasts one of the most active and distinguished Fine
Arts programs in Arizona. Opportunities to showcase your talents abound here,
and class credits are fully transferable to universities.
In Music and in Theatre and Cinematic Arts, you will be able to participate
and perform in your first year. At larger colleges, these opportunities may
not come your way until much later.
In Graphic Design, you'll utilize the latest graphics software and computer
technology found in agencies, marketing departments and print shops across
And in our Art Department, you'll work with professionals who help you explore
and advance your creativity. Frequent juried shows and exhibitions provide many
venues for displaying your work among peers and mentors alike.
At Eastern you can enhance your talents and abilities no matter what your future
ambitions. There is a place for everyone in a highly supportive environment
which encourages creativity and experimentation.
Transfer-Associate of Arts Degree (AA) - Art
Transfer-Associate of Arts Degree (AA) - Art Education
EAC Graphic Design Program is a two-year multimedia program, which combines
both traditional and computer-based knowledge and skills necessary to become
employed in the graphic design field.
The program is a concentrated two-year program of design and skill development
resulting in a competitive portfolio. An Instructor with industry experience
lead students in consecutive integrated tracks of design for print and the
web, conceptual problem solving, typography and illustration. Classes are organized
in collegial work groups that mirror the professional studio environment. Design
theory and practice, along with production using current computer software
prepares graduates for a graphic design career in print and electronic media.
Students completing the Graphic Design and Illustration Program will be prepared
for entry-level positions:
- In an advertising agency producing layouts and presentations, preparing
comprehensives for production, developing and maintaining web and multimedia
presentations, and assisting designers and art directors.
- In retail, corporate, and in-house art departments, preparing presentations,
small design projects, developing illustrations for print and online media,
developing and maintaining web and multimedia presentations, assisting art
directors and preparing comprehensive for production.
- In newspaper, magazine and book publishing environments, doing typesetting,
design on small projects, assisting designers and art directors and preparing
art and files for production.
- In design studios assisting graphic designers in creating corporate logos,
annual reports, packaging, developing and maintaining web and multimedia
presentations, and layouts for presentation and production.
- Doing freelance design, illustration and/or multimedia development for
a variety of clients including advertising agencies, design firms, corporations,
broadcast media, printing companies and other area businesses.
for Employment-Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) -Advertising Design
The Music Department offers you many avenues for creative expression. Whether
you seek professional training or sheer enjoyment, here you'll find:
- A diverse choral program featuring six performing groups
involving some 240 students. These groups perform to packed houses and sell-out
crowds. Our A cappella Choir and Choraleers have performed for state and national
- The Choraleers, a musical powerhouse that's in constant demand
for show choir performances throughout Arizona and the Southwest.
- Our Beautyshoppe Quartette and Harmony Express Men's Quartet.
The latter recently placed 10th in an international barbershop quartet competition.
- Musical theater productions that showcase the combined talents
of our theatre and music students.
- The opportunity to compete in the Play to America College
- An annual presentation of Handel's "Messiah."
- The Gila Monster Marching Band--one of only two from junior
colleges in the entire nation that belongs to the prestigious Kappa Psi Tau
Beta Sigma national honorary band fraternity/sorority. It is also the only
marching band program at any community college in Arizona.
- A Jazz Ensemble that plays so tight it will blow your socks
- A Pep Band that's helped to inspire recent Gila Monster sports
teams to winning seasons.
- A Symphonic Band that plays the popular classics and also
less familiar, but equally beautiful pieces.
- A 70-piece orchestra that blends college and community
talent into its various ensembles.
Transfer-Associate of Arts Degree (AA) - Music
Theatre and Cinematic Arts
Here you'll discover exciting dramatic and musical productions throughout the
school year. Students are able to showcase their skills center-stage and behind
the curtains. You'll enjoy:
- A wide variety of performances including Shakespeare, comedy
and musicals, as well as contemporary and experimental works.
- Dedicated instructors who are all professionals with experience
in a wide range of performing backgrounds.
- The opportunity to participate in plays featuring casts comprised
of students, faculty and community members. Students also get to work in the
community with children's theater and high school productions.
- Outstanding facilities supporting a wide range of productions.
Our Fine Arts Center Auditorium seats 960 and features a fly system for multiple
sets. Our Lee Little Theatre offers an intimate setting for 305 patrons.
- The opportunity to travel and to be part of a family-oriented
Transfer - Associate of Arts Degree (AA) - Theatre and Cinematic Arts