General Information
   Mission and Purposes
   Boards and Officers
   EAC Alumni Association
   EAC Foundation
Academic Calendar

   How To Enroll for the
     First Time

   Placement Testing
   International Students
Tuition and Fees
   How & When to Pay
   New Mexico (Out-of-State)
     Tuition Waiver

   Western Undergraduate
     Exchange (WUE)

   Refund Policy
Housing and Dining

   Room Costs
   Meal Plans
Financial Aid
   Application Process
   Award Letters & Acceptance
   Satisfactory Academic

   Student Rights
   Student Responsibilities
   Veterans Programs
   Institutional Guidelines
   Donor Awards by College
   Donor Awards by Donor
Student Services
   Activities & Organizations
   Alumni Library
   Counseling Programs
   Evaluation Center
   Health Services
   Disease Transmission

   Substance Abuse Program
   Services for Students with
Student Code of

   Grievance Procedure
   Sexual Discrimination /
     Harassment Complaints
   Sexual Assault
   Controlled Substance
   Public Order
Academic Regulations
   Academic Good Standing
   Credit By Examination
   Credit Hour System
   Grievance Procedure - 
      Academic Standards
   Official Notifications
   Withdrawal from a Course
   Approved Electives
   Choice of Catalogs
   Graduation Honors
   Multiple Degrees

General Education
   AA, ABus, AS Degrees
      Course Options   
   AAS Degree
      Course Options
Transfer Partnerships
Out-of-State Transfer
   Admin. of Justice - AA
   Admin. of Justice - AAS
   Admin. of Justice -
      AAS - BAS Track
   Administrative Information
      Services - AAS

   Advertising Design - AAS
   AGEC-A - Cert
   AGEC-B - Cert
   AGEC-S - Cert
   Agribusiness - AA
   Agriculture - AA
   Anthropology - AA
   Art - AA
   Art Education - AA
   Automotive Parts
      Specialist - Cert

   Automotive Service
      Technology - AAS
   Automotive Technician - Cert
   Basic Peace Officer
      Academy - Cert

   Biological Science - AS
   Bookkeeping - Cert
   Business - AAS
   Business Admin. - ABus
   Business Education - AA
   Business Programming/
       Database Support - Cert
   Chemistry - AS
   CNC Machining - Cert
   Computer Assisted Design & 
      Drafting Technology - AAS
   Computer Assisted Design & 
      Drafting Tech. I - Cert
   Computer Assisted Design & 
      Drafting Tech. II - Cert
   Computer Information
      Specialist - AAS
   Computer Information
      Systems - ABus
Computer Systems &
      Applications AAS
   Computer Technology - AAS
      - BAS Track
   Early Childhood Edu. - AAS
   Early Childhood Edu. - Cert
   Early Childhood Dev. -
      Family Child Care - Cert

   Early Childhood Dev. -
      Infant/Toddler - Cert
   Early Childhood Dev. -
      Preschool - Cert
   Education-Elementary - AA
   Education-Secondary - AA  
   Emergency Medical Tech. -
      Basic - Cert

   Emergency Medical Tech. -
      Intermediate - Cert

   Emergency Medical Tech. -
      Paramedic - Cert

   English - AA
   Forestry - AA
   General Studies - AGS
   Geology - AS
   Health & Phys. Ed. - AA
   History - AA
   Home Health Aide - Cert
   Laboratory Assistant - Cert
   Languages - AA
   Law Enforcement Office 
      Assistant - Cert
   Law Enforcement
      Technology - Cert

   Liberal Studies - AA
   Licensed Practical Nurse
      - Cert

   Machine Shop Tech. - AAS
   Machine Technology - Cert
   Mathematics - AA
   Mathematics - AS
   Media Communications
      - Cert

   Medical Assistant - Cert
   Medical Transcription - Cert
   Music - AA
   Nursing - AAS
   Nursing Assistant - Cert
   Office Assistant - Cert
   Paramedicine - AAS
   Patient Care Tech. - Cert
   Physics - AS
   Political Science - AA
      Medicine - AS

   Pre-Engineering - AS
   Pre-Law - AA
   Pre-Medical Science - AS
   Pre-Nursing - AS
   Pre-Optometry - AS
   Pre-Pharmacy - AA
   Pre-Physical Therapy - AA
   Programming - Cert
   Psychology - AA
   Small Business Mgmt - AAS
   Small Business
      Proprietor - Cert

   Small Computer
      Networking - Cert

   Sociology - AA
   Technology Education - AA
   Tech-Prep Administrative
      Information Services - AAS

   Tech-Prep CAD & Drafting
      Tech - AAS

   Theatre and Cinematic
      Arts - AA

   Web Master - Cert
   Wildlife Biology - AS
   Word Processing Specialist -
Course Descriptions
   Administration of Justice
   Administrative Information

   Automotive Technology
   Biological Science
   Building Construction
   Business Administration
   Commercial Drivers License
   Cooperative Education
   Drafting Technology
   Early Childhood Dev.
   Early Childhood Education
   Electronic Technology
   Emergency Medical

   Family and Consumer
   Fire Science
   Health & Physical Education
   Health Care Education
   Industrial Arts
   Machine Shop
   Media Communications
   Office Technology
   Physics & Astronomy
   Political Science
   Sign Language
   Small Business Mgmt
   Speech Communications
   Technical Education
   Theatre & Cinematic Arts
   Accommodation for
      Students with Disabilities
   College Financial Condition
   Disclosure of Graduation

   EEO/Affirmative Action
   Equity in Athletics
   Family Educational Rights &
      Privacy Act
   Notification of Occupational
   Program to Prevent Illicit
      Drugs & Abuse of Alcohol
   Residency & Student Status
   Return of Title IV Federal 
      Student Aid Policy
   Security & Safety
   Sexual Harassment
   Social Security Number Use
   Veterans Information
   Voter Registration Forms

Chronological Listing
of Catalog Changes

   Through 08/02
   09/02 to 11/03
   12/03 to 01/04
   02/04 to 04/04


Transfer Partnerships

Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and The University of Arizona

Eastern Arizona College offers three Associate Degrees that are appropriate for transfer to Arizona's public universities.  These Associate Degrees are 64 credits and have four basic "blocks" upon which they are built. The blocks are: the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC), Common Courses, Special Requirements, and Electives. If you complete the degrees, you will be guaranteed to enter the university with Junior status.

The three degrees are:

ASSOCIATE OF ARTS (AA): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in areas such as Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, Public Programs, and Communication.

ASSOCIATE OF BUSINESS (ABus): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in Business and Business-related areas such as Computer Information Systems or Economics.

ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE (AS): This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university and earn a bachelor's degree in areas such as the Physical and Biological Sciences or Mathematics.

Completion of the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) guarantees your admission to the universities if you are a resident student. Non-residents must have a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Completion of the AGEC also means that you will have met the lower-division general studies requirements at any of the universities for the majors that articulate with that AGEC.

Brigham Young University - Provo

EAC has a transfer partnership with BYU. If you earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Business, Associate of General Studies, or Associate of Science degree from EAC, you increase the probability of your admission to BYU.

If you are admitted to BYU with an Associate of Arts, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Business, or Associate of Science Degree from EAC, you will have completed all BYU general education requirements with the exception of American Heritage, Advanced Writing, and the Advanced Mathematics or Foreign Language requirements. EAC offers mathematics and foreign language courses that you may take to satisfy BYU's advanced Mathematics or Foreign Language requirement. You should consult the BYU/EAC Articulation Agreement in selecting these courses. A copy of the Agreement is available from the Counseling Department.

The EAC/BYU transfer partnership does not cover the transfer and applicability of major courses. You are encouraged to consult with the prospective major department at BYU for recommendations on EAC courses that can be taken toward your intended major.

Brigham Young University - Hawaii

Students attending Eastern Arizona College who complete their Associate of Arts, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science, or Associate of Business degree will have met the BYU-Hawaii general education (GE) requirements with the exception of the Interdisciplinary Studies course.

Additional aspects of the transfer agreement are as follows:

  • Credit will also be granted for courses with a "C" grade or better which apply to the major.
  • Credit for courses of a remedial nature (usually numbered 99 and below) will not be transferable.
  • Students who apply to BYU-Hawaii with less than an Associate Degree, will have their college work evaluated on a course-by-course basis to determine equivalencies.  Only courses with grades of "C" or better will be accepted.

Brigham Young University – Idaho

EAC has an articulation agreement with BYU- Idaho:

  • EAC Students who have earned the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Business, or Associate of General Studies degrees will be considered as having completed the BYU-I general education requirements.
  • For students who have not earned the degree, the EAC courses listed in the General Education Articulation Agreement (available in the EAC Counseling Department) are those which will apply toward general education requirements at BYU-I.
  • As students transfer, their credit will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis according to the General Education Transfer Agreement.
  • The general education requirements for students transferring to BYU-I will be those in effect at the time of their initial enrollment at BYU-I.

Western New Mexico University

Associate of Arts graduates from EAC who transfer to Western New Mexico University will have met WNMU's General Education Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree.

Out-of-State Transfer

Out-of-state universities have differing policies regarding the transfer of general education credit for application to your major or minor requirements. You should carefully consult the catalog of the university to which you wish to transfer.