News Release Details
EAC is offering a new reflective essays class
[Click Image to Enlarge] EAC’s English Department is offering a new class this fall—ENG217, Writing Reflective Essays, section #0548, with Dr. Rebecca Jarvis [EAC photo].
By Lori Dugan
THATCHER, AZ—EAC’s English Department is offering a new class this fall—ENG217, Writing
Reflective Essays, section #0548, with Dr. Rebecca Jarvis. This new course:
• Fulfills EAC’s Intensive Writing/Critical Inquiry or EAC’s Global/International/Historical Awareness General Education requirements.
• Provides skills to master the dominant form of writing in college: reflective essays.
• Transfers to all three state universities.
• Teaches tips to help students read, analyze, and/or write biography, autobiography, memoir, personal essay, and literary journalism.
• Offers techniques to make essays more understandable, engaging, and creative.
The three-credit class will be taught beginning August 25 on Tuesday evenings from 6-8:30 p.m. in EAC’s Academic Programs Building, Room 271. Students wishing to enroll in Writing Reflective Essays need to have completed, or be concurrently enrolled in English 102.
Students 55 and older qualify for a tuition waiver which covers the cost of in-state tuition. To enroll, contact EAC’s Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8270 or register online at www.eac.edu.