EAC summer classes begin June 1
By Kris McBride
Thatcher, Ariz.—Registration for Eastern Arizona College’s upcoming summer classes continues this week, and there are still many course offerings to choose from. The majority of classes will be held online, but some in-person classes will be held on campus with strict social distancing in place.
EAC is offering the following certificates this summer that lead to high-paying careers:
· The Google IT Support Professional Certificate prepares students for entry-level IT support jobs in under two months. No experience is necessary. There are 215,000 unfilled IT support jobs across the U.S., and the average median annual wage is $53,470.
The cost for this certificate is $540. Please contact James McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
· The Project Management Certificate prepares students for positions in a wide variety of industries. It is anticipated there will be 22 million new project management job openings through 2027. The national average for entry-level salaries is between $40,000 - $60,000.
The cost for this two-month certificate is $1,600, including books. For more information, contact Dana Barnett at email@example.com.
This summer also includes more online classes for students wanting to accelerate their academic pursuits at a great cost. These courses include:
· Introduction to Psychology (PSY 101, section #7124, 7125)
· U.S. History to 1877 (HIS 101, section #7004)
· U.S. History Since 1865 (HIS 102, section #7087 – No pre-requisite required.)
· Introduction to Business (BUA 101, section #7005)
· Interactive French Lab (FRE 090, section #7117, 7118, 7119)
· Uses of Accounting Information (BUA 233, section #7092)
· World Art I and II (ART 133, section #7109, 7110 and ART 134, section #7173)
· Electronic Spreadsheet with Microsoft Excel (CMP 161)
· World of Music (MUS 101, section #7126, 7171)
There are also other classes to help students learn a new skill or hobby. Some of these classes include:
· Beginning Hatha Yoga (HPE 101, section #7085, 7150, 7804, 7808)
· Genealogy Search (GEN 101)
· Wellness Center (HPE 104, section #7046, 7093, 7181, 7606, 7700)
EAC’s entire up-to-date class listing is available online atwww.eac.edu/schedule.
Students can register in one of two ways:
1. By phone with an operator by calling (928) 428-8270, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
2. Online at www.eac.edu by clicking “Gila Hank Online.”
EAC’s tuition for summer sessions is the same as the regular semester rates, which is $90 per credit hour for in-state students, and $380 per credit-hour for out-of-state students.
Students age 55 and over qualify for EAC’s Senior Citizen Tuition Scholarship which covers the full cost of in-state tuition.
While early registration is encouraged, students may register through the first day of class.
Students with questions about registration or the senior citizen in-state tuition scholarship should call EAC’s Records and Registration Office at (928) 428-8270 or register online at www.eac.edu.