Orientation for new students scheduled for August 17
By Lori Dugan
Thatcher, AZ—The Counseling Department will offer a free, half-day orientation program for new students, transfer students, and parents. The program, entitled “Orientation for Student Success,” will be offered twice to accommodate attendees’ schedules on Wednesday, August 17, 2011, with sessions planned for 9 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Both sessions will take place in the EAC Activities Center-Lee Little Theater.
Students and their parents will find out about: • Scholarships
• Financial aid
• On-campus housing
• Higher One Card/Employment at EAC
• Student Activities at EAC
• Parent information: insurance, health care, homesickness, etc.
• Campus Security and Safety
• Academic Support and Counseling Services
• Computer Services: Gila Hank, Monster Mail, and personal computer activation (students please bring your laptop if you have one!)
Information geared to Native American and re-entry students will also be highlighted.
“Students who participate in our treasure hunt will automatically be entered in a drawing to win a Kindle,” says Barbara Gojkovich, coordinator for the event. “There will also be other door prizes and fun contests designed to acquaint students with our campus!”
Ready to sign up? Visit http://eacfreshmanorientation2011.eventbrite.com, or register by phone by calling the EAC Counseling Department.
Questions? Call the EAC Counseling Department at (800) 678-3808 (Ext. 8253) or (928) 428-8253.